Eureka International Certificate Course (ICC)
|Location||Siracusa, Sicily, Italy|
|Number of attendees||30-40|
|Number of faculty||30+|
|Attendee profile||Mid-level career TM professionals|
|Estimated cost||€6, 000 (includes all course materials plus board & lodging; does not include travel to Sicily)|
At present, all slots at ICC 2022 are reserved for Eureka Partners; please email us at email@example.com if you would like to be informed about free slots when they become available.
Italy Immigration Details with regards to COVID: Please click here for more details.
Since 2009, Eureka has successfully developed and hosted the International Certificate Course (ICC).
The program is designed to build skills to foster innovative teams, critical thinking, and problem solving. The ultimate goal is to produce multidimensional, interdisciplinary professionals who are prepared for a wide range of TM careers focusing on improving human health.
If you attend ICC, we will examine case studies tailored along translational medicine principles, and help you develop creative problem-solving strategies and novel skills to build new kinds of teams. You’ll also hone your ability to communicate effectively across broad audiences. The certificate program is tailored to individual needs and is based on learner-centered discussions and mentoring by internationally recognized leaders. Skills garnered from this course will help you to address the challenges facing drug development today and bridge the divide between concept and patient.
- The concept and components of Translational Medicine
- Intellectual property protection and development
- Funding (public versus private)
- Regulatory issues
- Modelling diseases and therapies in experimental systems
- From mountains to molehills: transforming basic research into leads
- Translational creativity
- Research ethics
- Data management and statistical strategies
- Academia and industry partnerships
- Clinical trial design
- Managing research groups
- International issues
- Animal models
- Refined approach: from global diseases to individualised care
- Hidden Curriculum
- 86% of students on International Certification Course were able to apply what they had learned in their professional lives
- For 51% of students on the International Certificate Course, the course played a role in reorienting their professional lives